Sino-American Pharmaceutical Professionals Association
New England (SAPA-NE)
High School Excellence Scholarship Program
The applicant must meet the following criteria:
- The applicant must be a United States citizen or legal resident alien residing in the New England area (MA, NH, RI, VT, CT, ME).
- The applicant must be a graduating high school senior with a GPA of 3.3 (out of 4.0) or greater and an SAT score above 2200 (out of 2400) or equivalent.
- The applicant must be enrolling for the first time in a full-time undergraduate course of study at an accredited 4-year college or university in the upcoming academic year. The applicant should pursue or intend to pursue a major related to life sciences.
- Members of SAPA-NE Board of Directors, the SAPA-NE Advisory Committee, or the SAPA-NE Scholarship Selection Committee cannot participate on the selection process. Any member of the SAPA-NE Executive Committee must disclose should his or her relative become an applicant. Failure to disclose a position of conflict of interest will not only disqualify the candidate, but also lead to disciplinary action towards the executive member.
The applicant must submit:
- A brief resume illustrating major accomplishments during the applicantĄŊs K-12 education
- An essay (~600 words) to illustrate what the applicant will be pursuing at college and what inspired him or her to make such a decision
- A recommendation letter from the school counselor and two letters of recommendation from teachers who can attest and comment on the applicant's achievements and development potentials
- A copy of acceptance letter from the college the applicant intends to enroll
- An application fee ($30) needs to be submitted along with the application. Please make any checks payable to SAPA-NE. The application fee can be waived if the applicantĄŊs parent or legal guardian is a member of SAPA.
- Online application form is available: http://www.sapa-neweb.org/scholarship-application/. You may fill in the online application form, print the application, and send the application along with recommendation letters, a copy of acceptance letter from the college, and application fee to the following address.
May 25, 2018 (Postmarked)
Application Mail Address
Please enclose ALL the materials, including sealed recommendation letters, in ONE package and send to SAPA-NE
SAPA-NE High School Excellence Scholarship
12 Arbor Lane, Winchester MA 01890
Please notify Drs. Huo Li and Guiqing Liang after you send out the application
Huo Li: email@example.com; Guiqing Liang: firstname.lastname@example.org
An independent Scholarship Selection Committee appointed by the SAPA-NE Executive Committee will evaluate all valid applications and nominate several strongest candidates. SAPA-NE Executive Committee will make the final selection of up to three award recipients.
Applicants will be evaluated on:
Academic performance, leadership quality, and community/school service.
Demonstrated potential and commitment to a career aspiration that has a broad impact in the society.
Recipients of 2018 SAPA-NE High School Excellence Scholarship will be notified by Scholarship Selection Committee by email and will also be posted at SAPA-NE homepage http://www.sapa-neweb.org/scholarship.html.
Upon contact by Scholarship Selection Committee, a SAPA-NE Scholar must submit an acknowledgment letter stating the acceptance of the scholarship award. The recipients (required) and their parents/legal guardians (optional) will attend the 2018 SAPA-NE High School Excellence Scholarship Award Ceremony at 20th SAPA-NE Annual Conference on June 2, 2018 at MIT, Cambridge MA. A short speech (5 minutes) made by each award recipient will be expected at the ceremony. Each recipient will be awarded up to $1000 one-time scholarship.